Welcome to Pride Alliance!
So what exactly IS a safe space?
Over the past year, we've developed a statement that reflects what we believe creates a safe space. We know that we're not perfect, but at the meetings we all agree to try our hardest to stay true to this statement.
- Pride Alliance is a place where we invite all people to celebrate and connect with all of our genders, sexualities, orientations, and expressons. This is a safe space, which means we commit to:
- Making this a welcoming, open space for everyone.
- Being aware of our prejudices and insecurities and how our words affect others.
- Providing room for each of us to explore our own identities.
- Allowing others to define their own identitites and to speak for themselves.
- Respecting the privacy of others by maintaining confidentiality, which includes not "outing" people even if they are "out" to us.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Faculty Advisor and/or the Executive Board through email or by leaving a message (positive or negative, anonymous or attributed) in the suggestion box (in the Pride Office or at the meeting).
This is a community, and we will look out for one another.
We ask that if you are at our meetings or events, you agree to work towards insuring that these things can happen!